Transport Stream MultiplexerFlexStream MX-400TS
The MX-400TS is a mission critical broadcast quality transport stream multiplexer with input and output expansion module flexibility.
This multi-stream TS multiplexer can process up to 500 Mb/s while maintaining “best in class” PCR and IAT jitter timing that rivals any hardware based TS mux solution. Use the MX-400TS for IP to IP transmission or add modules to create an edge QAM or Tuner for transporting IP over the internet. For commercial broadcasters, ASI inputs and outputs are also supported. The maximum throughput is content dependent but there are no software limits on the number of TS inputs or outputs supported. Special features include signaling of major/minor and whole number channels, channel labeling, PSIP table merging, ATSC parental controls override, PCR and IAT de-jitter, program level and PID level re-muxing, and a friendly Web based UI with video thumbnails of all inputs. All West Pond MX devices support our signature full motion video front panel and IP configuration screen for easy configuration and installation. These screens provide status information, IP configuration, password reset, and QVGA video of every input source.
Transport stream sources supported include an integrated video server (TS file spooling), TSoIP UDP/RTP, RTSP (i.e. security cameras), HTTP (streaming internet sources), SRT, DTV tuners (option module), and ASI (optional module). The multiplexer output can feed TSoIP UDP/RTP, SRT, RTSP, integrated multi-standard RF modulators (optional module), and ASI (optional module). SMPTE 2022 (proMPEG) FEC is available on UDP/RTP IP inputs and outputs. Use the standard configuration or add modules to suit your application. This unit works well as a demux/remux “edge QAM” modulator, ASI to IP or IP to ASI converter, and DTV tuner transport redistribution. Of course the entire system can be remotely managed via FlexDM.
Multi-channel TS multiplexer
Broadcast quality, broadcast tested. Process up to 500 Mb/s.
Compact, All-in-One Solution
Add up to 12 frequency agile, standard agile, DTV modulators to create an mux edge QAM device. ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T
FlexDM Remote Management
Use FlexDM to manage West Pond devices from anywhere on any device. Create and manage a video playback channel at multiple sites. Check the status of a customer’s RF network.
The FlexStream MX-400TS is specially configured to:
Provide a scalable, reliable, multi-input, multi-output TS multiplexer in a compact 1U format
Support a wide variety of transport stream sources including ASI, IP, DTV tuner, video server, etc.
Provide flexible management systems through SNMP, REST, WebUI, Graphical front panel, and the FlexDM remote management portal
Protect the data during transport by supporting SMPTE 2022 FEC/Pro MPEG Levels 1, 2, 3 & 4, and SRT protocols
Support for a wide variety of transport stream outputs including ASI, IP, & Modulated RF outputs
• Physical interface conversion, ASI, Tuner, RF out, IP, etc.
• Demux/Remux “Edge QAM” for US cable and international applications
• Reliable, low latency transport stream delivery over broadcast transports, the public internet or leased fiber
• Remotely managed broadcast TV transport capture and WAN redistribution
• PCR time stamping (dejitter) and IAT jitter smoothing
• Program isolation, grouping and signaling
FlexStream MX solution is best in class because:
• Economical solution for professional applications
• Extremely low PCR and IAT jitter
• Support for ATSC PSIP and international standards
• Flexible architecture to support any TS interface
• Supports a wide variety of WAN TS protocols
• Designed for easy installation and management
Applications in broadcast TV, cable TV, satellite TV, hospitality, healthcare, senior living, entertainment, restaurants and bars, corporate, education, houses of worship, stadiums and arenas, government, military, and apartment buildings.
Demux-Remux Multichannel Multiplexer: Our tightly integrated, fully scalable, broadcast quality multiplexer is an economical replacement for single purpose devices.
GigE Switch: 4 internal fully configurable, firewall isolated, GigE ports reduce the need for external switches.
Video Server / Streamer: Spool hours of video from the solid state media library to create transport streams for multiplexing and distribution.
Monitor TV / IRD: The MX-400 QVGA front panel display provides a live view of each multiplexer source.
Multi-channel modulator (optional): The MX-400 supports up to 12 frequency and modulation agile modulators.
DTV Tuner (optional): Support for up to 4 quad (16 total) ATSC 1.0, DVB-T/T2, ISDB-T, and 1x ATSC 3.0 NextgenTV tuners.
- Broadcast quality TS multiplexer
- Multiple inputs, multiple outputs
- Multi-channel video server with looping playlists
- No encoder required, convert any video recording to a TV compatible file using the West Pond FlexDM service
- 20 GB of storage provided, expandable to 1 TB
- Standards agile, frequency agile, RF modulator (optional)
- ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T
- Multi-standard RF monitor (optional)
- Monitor the entire in-house cable TV system remotely
- DTV Tuner (optional)
- ATSC 1.0, ATSC 3.0,, DVB-T/T2, ISDB-T, DVB-S/S2
- Simultaneous outputs
- Any combination of outputs
- RF TV, ASI, multiple IP protocols.
- Web UI with video thumbnails, status, and configuration
- Front panel graphical configuration and status
- Front panel video of all mux inputs
- Web UI, password protected, configuration from anywhere
- REST API for integrating management into other systems
- SNMP status
- FlexDM remote management
- Form factor: 1RU, 19 inch rack, 328.2 mm (12.92 inch) L X 442.2 mm (17.41 inch) W X 44.0 mm (1.72 inch) H
- Base Weight: Less than 6 lbs
- Shipping weight: Configuration dependent
- Operating Temp.: 0º – 45ºC (32º-113ºF)
- Humidity: 10 – 95% RH, non-condensing
- Input voltage: 100 – 240VAC , 50-60Hz
- Power: < 100 watts – Actual consumption is configuration dependent
- Cooling: Fan cooled. Positive pressure, ~20 cfm air flow front to back.
- Compliance: FCC class A/CE (TBD)
- Rack mounting: Mounting ears provided
- Cabling: Power cord included, others provided with optional hardware
- Front panel configuration: Management LAN network connection
- Front panel video: QVGA. H.264 & MPEG2 decode and scaling
- Standard Inputs/Outputs:
- 4x GigE
- 2x External USB Host Ports
- 2x low profile exposed expansion modules
- 2x full profile exposed expansion modules
- 1x internal expansion modules
- M.2 SSD (1 TB storage option)
- FlexCare Warranty, Service and Support (optional after first year):
- 1 year of technical support and training
- 1 year repair or replace + software updates
- 1 year FlexDM remote management subscription included
- Extended warranty available
- MADE IN USA
Hardware module options:
- DTV modulator options:
- Up to 12 US Cable QAM, ISDB-T, DVB-T, 8-VSB modulators
- Monitor tuner options:
- Universal TV Monitor Tuner (ATSC 1.0, ATSC 3.0, DVB-T, ISDB-T)
- ASI In/Out, Quad ASI In/Out
- Internal M.2 SSD storage up to 1 TB
Transport Stream Sources:
- 4 independently managed GigE ports.
- IPTV, Digital Cameras, other MX-400 units, 3rd party encoders
- UDP/RTP input auto detect
- RTP/RTSP input support (converted to TS)
- HTTP input from 3rd party content providers (converted to TS)
- SRT for reliable low latency WAN sources
- Video streaming
- Multichannel video steamer
- Playlist driven
- >20 Gbytes on board storage, expansion to 1 TB
- WebUI with file upload and progress bar
- FlexDM cloud based transcoding
- Provides TV compatibility
- Ensures seamless playlist file transitions
Transport Stream Processing
- Maximum aggregate bitrate input/output: ~500Mb/s – Constrained by input device, output device, & CPU usage. If you need more throughput, check out the MX-300TS.
- Maximum number of MPTS inputs: Not limited
- Maximum number of MPTS outputs: Not limited –
- Constrained by CPU usage or output devices
- Maximum video elementary streams per program: Not limited
- Maximum number of audio elementary streams per program: Not limited
- Maximum number of data streams per program: Not limited
- UDP/RTP unicast & multicast UDP/RTP input/output TS support
- SMPTE 2022 FEC Pro-MPEG
- RTSP input support (converted to TS)
- HTTP streaming input sources (converted to TS)
- Transport packet size: 188/204 byte
Transport Stream Multiplexing
- Program filter and mapping (“cherry picker”)
- PID filter and mapping
- PSI (PAT/PMT) signaling
- ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T signaling including user definable channel labeling descriptors
- PSI, PSIP, ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T table merging
- PSIP parental control insertion and override
- PCR de-jittering and restamping
- IAT Rate smoothing
- Time stamping
Transport Stream Outputs
- RF via DTV modulation
- IPTV via GigE ports
Transport Stream Analytics
- Presented via Web UI
- Dynamic input/output stream stats
- Signaling verification
- Video thumbnails in web UI
Are you looking for a different feature set for your facility's TV system?
We can customize our devices to meet your programming needs. Contact us today to discuss the specific needs of your correctional facility.
Try Our "Request a Loaner" Program!
Need more throughput? Check out our MX-300 line.