TV Signage for Stadiums and Arenas – FlexStream MX-400ST
The FlexStream MX-400ST provides Stadium & Arena TV Management solutions which, complement existing in-house cable TV networks by merging HTML graphics with stadium video to create dynamic multimedia HDTV channels tunable by one or all stadium TVs. Stadiums TVs are quickly transformed from video monitors to dynamic multimedia displays containing game video, advertisements, game stats, time, temperature, raffle info, weather, traffic, social media photos, stadium alerts, and of course the game score and other score board information. Create additional channels for specialized TVs that are used for concession stand menu boards, crowd routing, welcome messages, game information, emergency and informational alerts, and digital signage. This is all possible with one MX-400ST and without the added costs of set top boxes, cat 5 wiring, or changes to the house cable TV coax network.
The FlexStream MX-400ST system can pay for itself with just a few events. The advertising features of the MX-400ST, combined with the low cost installation and quick start HTML presentation templates, provide a turnkey revenue generating solution. There’s no need to learn a new content management and editing tool, our system is based upon standard web HTML. If your staff is not familiar with web technology, use our built in templates to get your pages working quickly or contact the West Pond creative services team to create the perfect presentation for your stadium or arena.
If display controls are important, add the West Pond RX units to the stadium TVs and the MX-400ST will manage each TVs display state, enable display specific alerts, choose the channel, and control the TV power.
The FlexStream MX-400ST is specially configured to:
- Add two or more media rich HD channels to your stadium channel lineup.
- Utilize stadium video feeds from cable TV (clear QAM)*, HD-SDI cameras, HDMI*, component*, composite*, IP, and more.
- Interconnects with the stadium score board to display score data on TVs.
- Enrich video with HTML5 graphics to create a state of the art media experience on each TV.
- Create channels for game video and stats, concession stand menus, welcome signs, navigation, and more.
- Prebuilt HTML presentation templates that include:
- Score Board
- Menu Board
- Product Promotion
- Time and Temperature
- Raffle status
- Game Stats
- Social Media Photos
- Stadium Alerts
- Install easily into coax RF networks or IPTV networks
- No new wires
- No new Set Top Boxes
- Front panel video preview
- Managed from anywhere on any connected device with FlexDM
FlexDM Remote Management
Use FlexDM to manage West Pond devices from anywhere on any device. Everything you can do with the MX-400ST web UI, can be done remotely via FlexDM.
Compact, All-in-One Solution
The MX-400ST installs quickly, uses the existing TV coax wiring, and is ready for IPTV when necessary. Unlike most stadium solutions, the FlexStream solution does not require a media box behind each display.
Generate Advertisement Revenue
This solution can pay for itself in less than a year. Fans, sponsors, and concession vendors all benefit from a good signage system.
- New Media Signage Channels from the MX-400ST will:
- Keep fans engaged while waiting for concessions or otherwise away from seat
- Modernize the stadium look without a cost of a stadium technology overhaul
- Increased brand exposure for sponsors
- Increase revenues for concession stands, 50/50 raffles, advertisement, and sponsors
- Get more value from existing TVs
- Create a better fan experience
- The FlexStream MX-400ST solution is best in class because
- Economical solution, no new set top boxes, no new cabling
- Leverages existing stadium infrastructure, media, and data
- Designed for easy installation and management.
- Outputs digital TV via RF (cable TV), and streaming IPTV.
The MX-400ST has be configured to perform the functionality of the following traditional headend components.
Headend Components Integrated:
Video Server / Streamer: Load 30 hours or more of video files onto the MX-400 and create custom TV channels via our built in video server. Create a looping playlist or schedule playback at specific times. Manage channels and video content on one or more systems using FlexDM.
Video Encoder (HDMI / Component / Composite / S-Video): Capture video and audio from any of these ports and encode it to broadcast quality standards. This box supports h.264 and MPEG2 video and a variety of audio formats.
Digital Signage Player: The HTML5 video wrapper combines video streams with HTML5 media to create a dynamic multi-media experience on a TV channel for viewing on one or more TVs without a digital signage player. This powerful tool is made simple through presentation templates provided by West Pond. See https://westpond.com/templates for a list of recent templates.
Cable / Terrestrial / Satellite TV Set Top Box Receiver: Integrated DTV tuner replaces shelves of clunky receivers and messy wiring.
Demux-Remux Multichannel Multiplexer: Our integrated scalable broadcast quality multiplexer replaces the need for external rack mounted multiplexers.
GigE Switch: 4 internal GigE ports reduce the need for and external managed switch and simplify wiring in a mixed LAN environment. Our system can communicate with your IPTV LAN, your in-house LAN, security cameras, and other devices while still leaving spare ports to manage the system.
Multi-channel modulator: The MX-400 supports up to 5 frequency and modulation agile modulators.
Monitor TV / IRD: The MX-400 front panel display reduces the need for IRDs or diagnostic TVs. The front panel QVGA screen provides a live view of every multiplexer input. The RF monitor tuner scans all channels simplifying installation and enabled diagnosing and resolving issues remotely.
Display controller: Every display on your in-house TV network can now be controlled via the integrated display control system. A display control device is installed at the TV that the MX-400 uses to control TV functions such as power, volume and channel. Conceptually this feature is similar to having a remote control that simultaneously sends commands to one, many, or all of your TVs.
- Multi-channel video server with timed and looping playlists
- Convert any video recording to a TV compatible file using the West Pond FlexDM service
- Video capture from a variety of sources
- HDMI, Composite, Component, S-Vid, DTV tuner, IP cameras, and more.
- HTML5 digital signage player with live video overlay
- Presentation templates make signage easy
- Many templates available
- HD AV encoding
- TV compatible encoding and signaling
- Broadcast quality TS multiplexer
- Multiple inputs, multiple outputs
- Standard agile, frequency agile, RF modulator
- ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T
- Multi-standard RF monitor
- RF display controller
- RX-50 controls
- RF TV and IPTV compatible
- Simultaneously supports both RF and IPTV
- Web UI with video thumbnails, status, and configuration
- Front panel graphical configuration and status
- Front panel video of all mux inputs
- Web UI, password protected, configuration from anywhere
- USB Configuration for bulk processing
- REST API
- SNMP status
- Monitor tuner
- Finds open frequencies
- Monitors MX-400 output
- FlexDM remote management
- Form factor: 1RU, 19 inch rack, 328.2 mm (12.92 inch) L X 442.2 mm (17.41 inch) W X 44.0 mm (1.72 inch) H
- Base Weight: Less than 6 lbs
- Shipping weight: Configuration dependent
- Operating Temp.: 0º – 45ºC (32º-113ºF)
- Humidity: 10 – 95% RH, non-condensing
- Input voltage: 100 – 240VAC , 50-60Hz
- Power: 100 watts – Actual consumption is configuration dependent
- Cooling: Fan cooled. Positive pressure, ~20 cfm air flow front to back.
- Compliance: FCC class A/CE (TBD)
- Rack mounting: Mounting ears provided
- Cabling: Power cord included, others provided with optional hardware
- Front panel configuration: Management LAN network connection
- Front panel video: QVGA. H.264 & MPEG2 decode and scaling
- Standard Inputs/Outputs:
- 4x GigE
- 2x External USB Host Ports
- 2 – Single HD-SDI video capture ports w/audio
- Single US Cable QAM, ISDB-T, DVB-T, 8-VSB modulator
- Cable TV Monitor Tuner (ATSC)
- 32 GB of SSD storage
- 1 year repair or replace + software updates
- 1 year FlexDM remote management subscription included
- Extended warranty available
- MADE IN USA
Hardware module options:
- DTV tuner options:
- Quad ATSC DTV tuner
- Quad ISDB-T DTV tuner
- Quad DVB-T/T2 DTV tuner
- Dual DVB-S/S2 receiver (clear content only)
- Monitor tuner options:
- Cable TV Monitor Tuner US Cable QAM
- Cable TV Monitor Tuner DVB-T/T2
- Cable TV Monitor Tuner ISDB-T
- AV Capture options
- 2 – Single HDMI/Component/Composite/S-Video capture w/audio
- 2 – Single HD-SDI video capture ports w/audio
- Hybrid HD-SDI and HDMI
- Single HDMI/Component/Composite/S-Video capture w/audio
- Single HD-SDI video capture ports w/audio
- Score board interface
- SSD storage up to 4TB
Transport Stream Sources:
- 4 independently managed GigE ports.
- IPTV, Digital Cameras, other MX-400 units, 3rd party encoders
- UDP/RTP input auto detect
- RTP/RTSP input support (converted to TS)
- Decode DTV content from RF, IP, etc.
- Encode HDMI, Component, Composite, S-Video, and other sources.
- TV compatible real time encoding. ATSC, DVB, ISDBT
- Overlay HTML5 on any video to add multi-media before encoding.
- Encode HTML5 without video for simple signage channels.
- Terrestrial broadcast TV, cable TV (clear QAM), and satellite TV (unencrypted)
- Video streaming
- Multichannel video steamer
- Playlist and schedule driven
- >20 Gbytes on board storage, expansion to 4TB
- WebUI with file upload and progress bar
- FlexDM cloud based transcoding and channel management
Transport Stream Processing
- Maximum aggregate bitrate input/output: ~500Mb/s – Constrained by input device, output device, & CPU usage
- Maximum number of MPTS inputs: Not limited
- Maximum number of MPTS outputs: Not limited – Constrained by CPU usage or output devices
- Maximum video elementary streams per program: Not limited
- Maximum number of audio elementary streams per program: Not limited
- Maximum number of data streams per program: Not limited
- UDP unicast & multicast UDP input/output TS support
- SMPTE 2022 FEC Pro-MPEG
- RTP/RTSP input support (converted to TS)
- Transport packet size: 188/204 byte
Transport Stream Multiplexing
- Program filter and mapping (“cherry picker”)
- PID filter and mapping
- PSI (PAT/PMT) signaling
- ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T signaling including user definable channel labeling descriptors
- PSI, PSIP, ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T table merging
- PSIP parental control insertion and override
- PCR dejittering and restamping
- Rate smoothing
- Time stamping
- TS CBR and VBR
Transport Stream Outputs
- RF via DTV modulation
- IPTV via GigE ports
Transport Stream Analytics
- Presented via Web UI and front panel QVGA
- Dynamic input/output stream stats
- Signaling verification
- Video thumbnails in web UI