TV Distribution for the Hospitality Industry –
As more and more guests bring their own devices with streaming services the use of cable or satellite TV channels has declined, yet the subscription expenses continue to be a substantial monthly burden for hotels and medical facilities. Whether you are trying to reduce TV subscription fees or add value to your hotel or medical facility, the MX-400HY can get the job done. The MX-400HY is specifically configured to enable HDTV on in-house cable TV systems by adding property specific channels, digital signage channels, and hybrid TV/graphics channels. Our goal with this product is to enhance the value and reduce the total ownership costs of the hospitality in-house cable TV network.
On its own, the FlexStream MX-400HY is designed to supply ample high quality HD programming to guests TVs as part of our Hospitality AV solutions. The MX-400HY can also be used in conjunction with your existing, or reduced, pay TV channel line up to lower subscription charges. We do this through the use of DTV broadcast content (antenna TV), in-the-clear satellite channels, captured and encoded HDMI/component/composite video feeds, video streamed from files, security camera video channels, HTML graphics and multi-media, and various internet sources. All these features have been combined into one box. Integrating these components not only reduces the cost and space required to host the system, it enables advanced features and simplifies overall operation. A single UI allows you to manage the entire system.
Our goal with this product is to enhance the value and reduce the total ownership costs of the hospitality in-house cable TV network.
The FlexStream MX-400HY is specially configured to:
- Add sixteen or more HD channels to your hotel channel lineup
- Create TV channels that advertise local attractions, menu specials, and resort amenities
- Create TV channels that convert TVs into digital signs
- Create TV channels that train staff, direct visitors, announce daily events, or show a tv guide
- Use IP cameras, including security cameras, as TV channel video to create a beech cam, lobby cam, or doorbell cam TV channel
- Receive broadcast TV (antenna TV) from 4 different network sources (16 or more channels)
- Leverage your existing media sources such as cameras, PCs, DVRs, DVD players, radio, and more
- Create channels from video recorded from a PC, DVD, Mobile Phone, Camera, or other media source
- Combine any live video with HTML5 graphics to create a multimedia TV channel. Use our presentation templates or create your own
- Support both RF and IPTV networks
FlexDM Remote Management
Use FlexDM to manage West Pond devices from anywhere on any device. Create and manage a video playback channel at multiple sites. Check the status of a customer’s RF network. Turn one or more TVs on or off. All this through one web site.
Compact, All-in-One Solution
The MX-400HY makes TV headend simple. Other solutions require modulators, capture devices, encoders, multiplexers, TV tuners, Ethernet switches, and lots of cabling. The MX-400HY has it all. It even includes an RF monitor to test your network before installing.
Add Custom TV channels
- Adding custom TV channels will
- Provide targeted content to your specific audience, keeping them engaged and happy
- Reduce or eliminates Cable/Satellite subscription fees
- Turn low resolution SD TV into high resolution HDTV by adding L-Bar graphics to the screen
- Enhance your guests experience
- Drive business to resort amenities, local attractions, and other resort properties
- Motivate patrons to participate in activities
- Advertise products and specials
- Welcome guests and organizations
- Train staff or patients
- The FlexStream MX solution is best in class because
- Economical solution for enterprise cable TV “cord cutters”.
- Extremely flexible architecture adds value to any TV headend.
- Interfaces to a wide variety of devices that can be TV channel sources.
- Designed for easy installation and management.
- Outputs digital TV via RF (cable TV), and streaming IPTV.
- Applications in hospitality, healthcare, senior living, entertainment, restaurants and bars, corporate, education, houses of worship, stadiums and arenas, government, military, and apartment buildings.
The MX-400HY has be configured to perform the functionality of the following traditional headend components.
Headend Components Integrated:
Video Server / Streamer: Load 30 hours or more of video files onto the MX-400 and create custom TV channels via our built in video server. Create a looping playlist or schedule playback at specific times. Manage channels and video content on one or more systems using FlexDM.
Video Encoder (HDMI / Component / Composite / S-Video): Capture video and audio from any of these ports and encode it to broadcast quality standards. This box supports h.264 and MPEG2 video and a variety of audio formats.
Digital Signage Player: The HTML5 video wrapper combines video streams with HTML5 media to create a dynamic multi-media experience on a TV channel for viewing on one or more TVs without a digital signage player. This powerful tool is made simple through presentation templates provided by West Pond. See https://westpond.com/templates for a list of recent templates.
Cable / Terrestrial / Satellite TV Set Top Box Receiver: Integrated DTV tuner replaces shelves of clunky receivers and messy wiring.
Demux-Remux Multichannel Multiplexer: Our integrated scalable broadcast quality multiplexer replaces the need for external rack mounted multiplexers.
GigE Switch: 4 internal GigE ports reduce the need for and external managed switch and simplify wiring in a mixed LAN environment. Our system can communicate with your IPTV LAN, your in-house LAN, security cameras, and other devices while still leaving spare ports to manage the system.
Multi-channel modulator: The MX-400 supports up to 5 frequency and modulation agile modulators.
Monitor TV / IRD: The MX-400 front panel display reduces the need for IRDs or diagnostic TVs. The front panel QVGA screen provides a live view of every multiplexer input. The RF monitor tuner scans all channels simplifying installation and enabled diagnosing and resolving issues remotely.
Display controller: Every display on your in-house TV network can now be controlled via the integrated display control system. A display control device is installed at the TV that the MX-400 uses to control TV functions such as power, volume and channel. Conceptually this feature is similar to having a remote control that simultaneously sends commands to one, many, or all of your TVs.
- Multi-channel video server with timed and looping playlists
- Convert any video recording to a TV compatible file using the West Pond FlexDM service
- Video capture from a variety of sources
- HDMI, Composite, Component, S-Vid, DTV tuner, IP cameras, and more.
- HTML5 digital signage player with live video overlay
- Presentation templates make signage easy
- Many templates available
- HD AV encoding
- TV compatible encoding and signaling
- Broadcast quality TS multiplexer
- Multiple inputs, multiple outputs
- Standard agile, frequency agile, RF modulator
- ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T
- Multi-standard RF monitor
- RF display controller
- RX-50 controls
- RF TV and IPTV compatible
- Simultaneously supports both RF and IPTV
- Web UI with video thumbnails, status, and configuration
- Front panel graphical configuration and status
- Front panel video of all mux inputs
- Web UI, password protected, configuration from anywhere
- USB Configuration for bulk processing
- REST API
- SNMP status
- Monitor tuner
- Finds open frequencies
- Monitors MX-400 output
- FlexDM remote management
- Form factor: 1RU, 19 inch rack, 328.2 mm (12.92 inch) L X 442.2 mm (17.41 inch) W X 44.0 mm (1.72 inch) H
- Base Weight: Less than 6 lbs
- Shipping weight: Configuration dependent
- Operating Temp.: 0º – 45ºC (32º-113ºF)
- Humidity: 10 – 95% RH, non-condensing
- Input voltage: 100 – 240VAC , 50-60Hz
- Power: 100 watts – Actual consumption is configuration dependent
- Cooling: Fan cooled. Positive pressure, ~20 cfm air flow front to back.
- Compliance: FCC class A/CE (TBD)
- Rack mounting: Mounting ears provided
- Cabling: Power cord included, others provided with optional hardware
- Front panel configuration: Management LAN network connection
- Front panel video: QVGA. H.264 & MPEG2 decode and scaling
- Standard Inputs/Outputs:
- 4x GigE
- 2x External USB Host Ports
- Quad ATSC DTV tuner
- Single HDMI/Component/Composite/S-Video capture w/audio
- Quad US Cable QAM, ISDB-T, DVB-T, 8-VSB modulator
- Cable TV Monitor Tuner (ATSC)
- 32 GB of SSD storage
- 1 year repair or replace + software updates
- 1 year FlexDM remote management subscription included
- Extended warranty available
- MADE IN USA
Hardware module options:
- DTV tuner options:
- Quad ATSC DTV tuner
- Quad ISDB-T DTV tuner
- Quad DVB-T/T2 DTV tuner
- Dual DVB-S/S2 receiver (clear content only)
- Monitor tuner options:
- Cable TV Monitor Tuner US Cable QAM
- Cable TV Monitor Tuner DVB-T/T2
- Cable TV Monitor Tuner ISDB-T
- SSD storage up to 4TB
Transport Stream Sources:
- 4 independently managed GigE ports.
- IPTV, Digital Cameras, other MX-400 units, 3rd party encoders
- UDP/RTP input auto detect
- RTP/RTSP input support (converted to TS)
- Decode DTV content from RF, IP, etc.
- Encode HDMI, Component, Composite, S-Video, and other sources.
- TV compatible real time encoding. ATSC, DVB, ISDBT
- Overlay HTML5 on any video to add multi-media before encoding.
- Encode HTML5 without video for simple signage channels.
- Terrestrial broadcast TV, cable TV (clear QAM), and satellite TV (unencrypted)
- Video streaming
- Multichannel video steamer
- Playlist and schedule driven
- >20 Gbytes on board storage, expansion to 4TB
- WebUI with file upload and progress bar
- FlexDM cloud based transcoding and channel management
Transport Stream Processing:
- Maximum aggregate bitrate input/output: ~500Mb/s – Constrained by input device, output device, & CPU usage
- Maximum number of MPTS inputs: Not limited
- Maximum number of MPTS outputs: Not limited – Constrained by CPU usage or output devices
- Maximum video elementary streams per program: Not limited
- Maximum number of audio elementary streams per program: Not limited
- Maximum number of data streams per program: Not limited
- UDP unicast & multicast UDP input/output TS support
- SMPTE 2022 FEC Pro-MPEG
- RTP/RTSP input support (converted to TS)
- Transport packet size: 188/204 byte
Transport Stream Multiplexing:
- Program filter and mapping (“cherry picker”)
- PID filter and mapping
- PSI (PAT/PMT) signaling
- ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T signaling including user definable channel labeling descriptors
- PSI, PSIP, ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T table merging
- PSIP parental control insertion and override
- PCR dejittering and restamping
- Rate smoothing
- Time stamping
- TS CBR and VBR
Transport Stream Outputs:
- RF via DTV modulation
- IPTV via GigE ports
Transport Stream Analytics:
- Presented via Web UI and front panel QVGA
- Dynamic input/output stream stats
- Signaling verification
- Video thumbnails in web UI
Are you looking for a different feature set for your correctional facility TV system?
We can customize our devices to meet your correctional facility programming needs. Contact us today to discuss the specific needs of your correctional facility.