Universal Modulator MD-1000
The MD-1000 is a frequency agile, standards agile, single band modulator for use as an add-on component to the FlexStream MX-100 and MX-400 product lines. The MD-1000 receives its power, configuration, and via a high speed USB 2.0 connection and outputs a modulated RF signal for transmission via DVB-T, ATSC 8-VSB, ATSC US Cable QAM, or ISDB-T (full seg). This modulator supports 6, 7, and 8 MHz channels between 48 MHz – 900 MHz. The same modulator is provided internally on some MX-400 and MX-100 configuration. Additional modulators are supported by the software.
Plug and play
Software support for the MD-1000 is included in all FlexStream MX products.
Use this modulator with and MX product in a lab environment to create any of the supported modulation standards. Great for DTV white space applications.
Power, control, and data are all provided via a single USB connection.
The MD-1000 supports the following transmission standards:
- ATSC – North America Terrestrial
- QAM-B North America Cable
- DVB-T Europe Terrestrial
- DVB-C Cable
- ISDB-T Japan & Latin America Terrestrial (full seg)
- ISDB-C Japan Cable (full seg)
- ISDB-Tb Brazil (full seg)
- Frequency Range: 48 – 900 MHz (VHF/UHF)
- Configurable Bandwidth : 6, 7 or 8 MHz
- Modulation: 8VSB, BPSK, QPSK, OFDM, 16-256QAM
- Output Level: -20 dBm to 0 dBm (1mW)
- Carrier Suppression: > 35 dB
- Adjacent Channel Leakage Ratio (ACLR) : > 40 dBc
- Modulation Error Ratio (MER) > 40dB
- Power consumption < 1.9W (5V, 375mA)