FlexDM is a cloud-based service that provides users, integrators, installers, and support personnel with complete control of their West Pond Smart Headend Products.
FlexDM is a cloud-based content and device management system that provides users, integrators, installers, and West Pond support personnel (if permitted) with the ability to remotely manage any internet connected FlexStream device using the web browser of a tablet, smart phone or personal computer.
FlexDM provides the ability to monitor vital system and application information for one or more devices, configure any AV source, encoding, or output stream, convert AV content into TV compatible video files, and update the device’s software.
Anything that can be done locally, can be done remotely via FlexDM.
Whether you have one system, or hundreds of systems, FlexDM can make your life easier.
- Systems checked at a glance – Check the health of your system(s) and networks quickly. Storage, bandwidth, CPU, environmental data. The device dashboard summarizes the important aspects of the FlexStream MX-400 systems and the networks they are connected to.
- Notifications – Get system, security, and environmental alerts at a glance. Get notified when a vital sign is out of spec, or a user fails to log in.
- Chart the data – Use the dashboard charting feature to monitor system vitals over time. The temperature rising because someone left the server room door open again! Use FlexDM charts to see when it happened.
- Custom Video additions are a snap! We make creating a training, hotel amenities, or local-attractions channel easy. Use your smartphone to create videos of your facilities amenities, local attractions, and special assets. Let FlexDM prepare them for TV compatibility automatically and download them to your FlexStream device. Viola, you are now managing your own TV station.
- Enable others to manage the network. Use the FlexDM organization features to create FlexDM accounts for others in your staff so they can help to manage your network of FlexStream devices.
- Make a quick change to the signage content. Use FlexDM’s remote access feature to add a new sponsor to a stadiums advertisement signage. Save it. Test it. Then verify the results are on the TV screens. No worries, you made the change remotely long before the event started.
- Transcode FlexDM media to TV compatible video for use with the FlexStream Video Server. Select the Codec that is compatible with your AV systems TV receivers. MPEG2 is typical for US ATSC TVs. H264 is typical for IPTV and countries outside of the US. Select the Resolution/Quality based upon the bandwidth allocated to the channel on which the Video Server is streaming. i.e. It is good practice and most efficient to use the same Codec and video Resolution/Quality settings for all media on a given channel.
- Share content across properties and locations – Same channel, multiple places. Use the FlexDM group feature to manage devices on multiple properties that all play the same content. The perfect resort channel management system for hotels and other common properties.
- Easy Remote Support – Stumped? Don’t worry. West Pond’s technical staff is there for you. Using FlexDM and the management features of the FlexStream MX-400 smart headend systems we can quickly diagnose your problems, make the necessary configuration changes to rectify the issue, and validate the solution.